Friday, February 17, 2012

Brand new information!

About 10:30 A.M. I went fishing today. I started in the usual place near the boat launch, with no results. I decided to go south of the 147 bridge. The water was much clearer there and about 58 degrees. Finally figured out that the biting fish were on secondary, protected points in about 7 ft. of water. I was using a crawfish pattern , rattletrap. Had a "6" on, but it's been so long since I've had a big one on a rattletrap that I forgot to keep the rod low and she jumped and threw the bait. Hurt my feelings. I also had a small fish on a fire-tiger Rogue. Ended up driving to the Harvey Creek boat launch and towed a $50,000.00 Team Skeeter boat with a 300 h.p. Yamaha on it, back to Monterrey Park. Lucky it was smooth out there today.

No comments:

Post a Comment