Monday, May 10, 2010

Still there (Monday morning)



Well the weather has changed some but it is still windy. I didn't know if the fish would still be in by the boat ramp or not. The middle pic is a fish caught less than 50 feet from the launch while people were launching. All of these fish were caught on pop-r's and they came from ambush points. The wind was probably 15 to 20 mph. from the south, southwest, driving the plankton (which the bait fish feed on) directly into the cove that Monterrey park boat launch is in. The wind is gusting to30mph. according to the weatherman that I am watching. Well the wife is still in Houston so I am thinking of going fishing.Guess I will. See ya!

2 comments:

  1. Jeff,
    Have you tried using Jerk Baits? My brother says he is doing well with them and I am wreaking havoc with them here as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not used them but I will work them in, I know they work well. I get stuck on one bait that is working for me and forsake everything else. That's a bad habit I still have.

    ReplyDelete